Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pixels
I have brought the syncrolight SD controller along with the RS485 cable to create a network. I have brought a professional licence and have activated the software. This is my first computerised show which contains 500 pixels but I can't get the pixels to work with the controller. The USB cable is flashing blue and the red light on the controller is a solid red.
(12-10-2016, 02:29 PM)Nathanm114 Wrote: I have brought the syncrolight SD controller along with the RS485 cable to create a network. I have brought a professional licence and have activated the software. This is my first computerised show which contains 500 pixels but I can't get the pixels to work with the controller. The USB cable is flashing blue and the red light on the controller is a solid red.

have you opened the SD card set up and selected the correct chip set for the pixels you are controlling?
Yes I have set the pixels too 2811 on the software
Try connecting your pixels then put the SD card controller to standalone and make sure it is running the pixels first.

If they work you can put the controller to auto detect and set up your network in the Syncrolight software.

Please let us know how you get on.

Jane
The controller is running the pixels off the SD card but it still won't connect to the pc.
Try the Device Manager (RS485) next and check that the Device Manager can see the SD card controller. Then try and control the pixels in the Device Manager.

Craig.
I have tried running it off the device manager and no response. The light is on a solid red on the SD controller and the USB is flashing blue
If the USB is flashing and the SD card led is red it sounds like it is connected OK.

Does the Device Manager display the information about the controller (like in the attached image) or does it always say "Controller Not Found" ?

Also
1) Be sure to set the Controller Id to 0  under "Controller Selection" in the Device Manager and press refresh.
2) Double check you have good connection and correct wiring for the RS485 A and B wires on the SD card. The wires are thin on the USB and it can be fiddly to get a good connection.
3) Try the "Ping" in the Device manager, it should display time next to the button if successful.
4) When you press the Refresh or Ping the pink light on the USB should flash very briefly with the blue light.
5) Double check the baud rate on the controller and device manager are still at the defaults (57600)

Craig.