Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC08A one channel stuck on
Hi all,
I have a DC08A fresh out the box and one channel is always on. It doesn't matter what I tell it to do, channel 4 is always lit.
All other channels behave as they are told.

Any troubleshooting ideas or is it likely a faulty controller?

Thanks
Jono
If it's fresh out of the box and has never been subject to moisture/damp environment, then I'd say it was a controller fault. It should still be under warranty, so contact the folk at Synchrolight.
Normally, I'd look for signs of moisture/condensation under the circuit board. Or, maybe some sort of short circuit due to wire strands coming into contact with the CH4 Mosfet (Switching Transistor). In your case, I assume 'Fresh out of the box' means brand new and never been used. These Mosfets are easily damaged due to electrostatic discharge from your body, so a tip for the future - try to only handle the card by holding the edges of the board.
Sorry I can't give you any positive advice in this case
Regards
Sandy
If you return it to us we can check it for you and repair or replace.

Jane
Syncrolight
(21-11-2019, 09:16 PM)Jane Wrote: If you return it to us we can check it for you and repair or replace.

Jane
Syncrolight

It has arrived today.
Thank you so much.

Very impressed by the service provided by Syncrolight over the past few weeks. Getting excited for the big switch on on Sunday!