Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing the love.
Seriously losing the love for doing a Christa's light show. I'm now having issues with the show selector again. Had issues to start with where I couldn't change the I'd number. Got round that. Now after having changed a few of the shows. Tried to down load show names to selector and it just errors and doesn't load. Starts to go though then when it gets to about number 7 it errors and the network drops out. Tried on 2 different laptops and still the same. At this rate I will end up with one candle out side my house at Christmas.
If the show selector is connected on a network with other controllers, try it on its own with a short cable connected to the computer. If you still have issues and it always fails on number 7 change the order or temporarily revove number 7 to see if its an issue with track 7 itself. Let us know how you get on.
(18-10-2020, 03:21 PM)Craig Wrote: If the show selector is connected on a network with other controllers, try it on its own with a short cable connected to the computer. If you still have issues and it always fails on number 7 change the order or temporarily revove number 7 to see if its an issue with track 7 itself. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the advice. Will give it a try when i get chance and let you know.
Ok tried with short network and on its own. Still same problem but then like you said it was erroring on same show. Every time. Realised that it was a copy of another show but slightly different file name. Not sure how that happened but taken it out and names have loaded fine.  Next issue if you have any ideas. Started with a whole new show player. Added the shows.  Went to interactive and downloaded show names. Can scroll through on show player all the shows. Press to select it and it doesn't play.  Comes up on laptop to say it's been requested but doesn't play. Just carrys on playing the idle show. Have tried with no idle show and still same.
Check that the show plays from the show player itself. It could be that the path to the audio file is wrong and it cannot start the audio.
Sorted it. Can't wait till I can get this all up and I can relax lol.

Basicly I was adding files from a different folder but with same name. That didn't have the audio attached. Time to have a clean up on laptop of all old files.