• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show Player
Hi

Can someone explain how to set up the Show Player to

Switch Lights on at 1800
Run show at 10 and 40 mins past the hour
Run in built sequences at other times
Turn off lights at 2200

With the settings I have used either the lights go on as soon as powered or they don't come on at all and show never plays

TIA
Two options spring to mind. Either start at 1810 and use the play at interval option with a 30 minutes interval. Alternatively use the custom schedule set to start at 1800 and to play the next show from the playlist at 10 and 40 minutes past the hour.

Craig
Thanks I'll try that
Tried the custom option with partial success.

How can i set 2 shows and play 1 immediately followed by the other.
(01-12-2020, 09:18 PM)Pawtrax Wrote: Tried the custom option with partial success.

How can i set 2 shows and play 1 immediately followed by the other.

I am trying to achieve the same thing and struggling.  I cant find an option to have a "filler" show running constantly but then to schedule musical shows to interrupt at certain times.  So instead I tired setting up a 7 hour schedule.. which isn't easy but doable.  BUT:  the first item in the schedule never runs?  Is this a known fault?

(24-11-2020, 07:50 PM)Pawtrax Wrote: Hi

Can someone explain how to set up the Show Player to

Switch Lights on at 1800
Run show at 10 and 40 mins past the hour
Run in built sequences at other times
Turn off lights at 2200

With the settings I have used either the lights go  on as soon as powered or they don't come on at all and show never plays

TIA

I think this should work as you want built in sequences to play when nothing scheduled:

a) use device manager to set to play default sequences when idle (Stand alone mode drop down)
b) Use the show player to schedule shows to play at specific times.
c) In the scheduler just add 2 shows straight after each other if you want them to follow on
d) Make sure your shows end when the music ends

The issue I am having is that the scheduler seems to skip the first show when you have a long schedule and getting the timings to work if you want your own sequences as fillers not the built in ones.
I have got lights to cone on and off correctly. 2 shows added to playlist to play, 1 after other at 10 and 40 mins past. Only 1 show plays. Need a fix by 1800 tonight.
(02-12-2020, 08:45 AM)Pawtrax Wrote: I have got lights to cone on and off correctly. 2 shows added to playlist to play, 1 after other at  10 and 40 mins past. Only 1 show plays. Need a fix by 1800 tonight.

There seems to be a bug …. the first track in a playlist NEVER plays.  Add a dummy track at the start (I added a 10 second sequence of flashing).  Then the 2 you want will play.

Interestingly it only skips the first track when the show starts. So if you set up 2 shows (show 1 and show 2) And set to run continuously, it wil play show 2 first then show 1 then show 2 and so on until the end time. This is a real pain when trying to get shows to run correctly!
This is giving me more grey hairs.
(02-12-2020, 12:26 PM)Pawtrax Wrote: This is giving me more grey hairs.

I know the feeling!  But I am pretty sure if you add a show at the start (which it will skip) then the 2 you want to play it will work
Rather than having 2 x 2 shows I have set up 4 x 1 shows, which is not ideal but seems to work