Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show Player Closes By Itself
I've been running shows for a few evenings, yesterday and today Show Player has just closed by itself and left random pixels on.  Just wondered if anyone else has encountered this / knows of a fix?
Running on Windows 10.
(27-11-2020, 06:34 PM)cymglo Wrote: I've been running shows for a few evenings, yesterday and today Show Player has just closed by itself and left random pixels on.  Just wondered if anyone else has encountered this / knows of a fix?
Running on Windows 10.

I have experienced it stopping early with the show player program still open.  Does your application close?
(02-12-2020, 11:11 AM)clivehawees Wrote:
(27-11-2020, 06:34 PM)cymglo Wrote: I've been running shows for a few evenings, yesterday and today Show Player has just closed by itself and left random pixels on.  Just wondered if anyone else has encountered this / knows of a fix?
Running on Windows 10.

I have experienced it stopping early with the show player program still open.  Does your application close?

Yes it was just closing by itself.  Did a bit of digging in windows event viewer and found it was showing errors in the program. Have set it to run as administrator now and that seems to have fixed the issue.
I am getting this too
Running as administrator hasn’t worked for me. It was happening once a day now it’s happening every hour, sometimes more.
I’m going to try going back to last years version to see if that’s more stable
Going back to last years version has made no difference for me, its still crashing a few times a night.
No pattern to it - happens on different shows, and can play one show a few times before a crash.

The only difference to last year with my display is that I now have a pixel controller - maybe its something with the signalling to that?
(07-12-2020, 09:03 PM)jonodarlo Wrote: Going back to last years version has made no difference for me, its still  crashing a  few times a night.
No pattern to it - happens on different  shows, and can play one show a  few times before a crash.

The  only difference to last  year with  my display is that I now have a pixel controller - maybe its something with  the signalling to that?

Mine has been running for several days with a 24 channel controller and 3 channel relay without any issues on Windows 10.  It may well be the pixels as I dont have those?