Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 ethernet controller on the same network
Hi all !

This year, i use two ethernet controller on the same network for the first time,

The only settings that is possible to ajust is the ip adress, subnet and mask.

However, the two controller have in factory config the same mac adress, and multicast ip.

So, it's impossible to connect the two controller at the same time in the show (access problem) even if the ip / mac / milticast adress is different. "Cannot open "ipcard"

I do something wrong or it's impossible to add multiple ethernet controller ?

Thanks in advance

Chris
The mac addresses are configuable. If using mutiple controllers change the mac address as well as the ip address so they are unique on your network.

Craig.
(29-11-2020, 11:59 PM)Craig Wrote: The mac addresses are configuable. If using mutiple controllers change the mac address as well as the ip address so they are unique on your network.

Craig.

Thanks Craig,

I already do that, but the problem still exist on the show designer "configurator", the  network card "name" is not open.

Is it necessary to change the multicast ip between the two controller ? I did with and without the same multicast ip but nothing.

I'm following my tests today.

The screenshot of the two cards.

I precise that ping command is ok for the two cards, and the tests pattern are ok for the both

When the working card ("1") is disconnect, the bad card ("2") still not working (but ping is OK) in show designer"network card XXX is not open"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)