Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show player issue
Hi, I posted a thread on the "Halloween Lights" section of the forum with links to videos of my lights. All went really well last night with lots of great comments from "trick or treaters". However I had one issue. I had put all four songs onto showplayer and set the playlist to play continuosly, but the "witch Doctor" song would not play through show player. When I added it to the list the time of the program showed as being increased by the correct amount, when it came time to play that song it skipped to the start (Witch Doctor was the last on the list). Even if I set it to just play that one song it would not play it.  If I closed show player and opened sh0w designer and loaded that song it would play fine.

Any idea why this might be?

Phil
Phil,

We have checked the file you sent us and the sequence plays fine in our office. We suspect it may be something to do with the audio file itself. Please check the location of the soundtrack file is correctly set in the Show Designer (File/Show Properties menu). If all looks fine, please try and move the file to the same directory as the .sho file and update the music location in the show accordingly to see if that helps.

Note that if the Show Designer cannot find the specified music file it will automatically look in a few other directories (such as your music downloads to try and find the music file). The Show Player however will only use the specified music file. Hence we suspect that the Show Designer is finding the music file elsewhere, but the Show Player is not.

Please let us know how you get on.
(21-11-2016, 12:18 PM)ForumAdmin Wrote: Phil,

We have checked the file you sent us and the sequence plays fine in our office. We suspect it may be something to do with the audio file itself. Please check the location of the soundtrack file is correctly set in the Show Designer (File/Show Properties menu). If all looks fine, please try and move the file to the same directory as the .sho file and update the music location in the show accordingly to see if that helps.

Note that if the Show Designer cannot find the specified music file it will automatically look in a few other directories (such as your music downloads to try and find the music file). The Show Player however will only use the specified music file. Hence we suspect that the Show Designer is finding the music file elsewhere, but the Show Player is not.

Please let us know how you get on.

Hi, Thanks for the work and reply. I think that probably explains all.
Phil