Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pixel RGB Strip
Hi,

I can't create more than 256 segments in the show designer (timeline windows), my rgb strip contains 450 segments but i can control and choose color (and visualise) on the 256 first segments only

I'm wrong ?

thanks !
If you are using a lot of pixels we suggest you use the 2D Pixel grid and the tools it provides rather than manipulate pixels individually on the timeline. It becomes very difficult to manipulate a large number of pixels individually, which is why the display is capped at 256 segments.

First Create a 2D Group

Your pixels don't physically need to be in a 'grid formation' to use the 2D Grid. You can create a 'grid' of 1x450 to control all 450 pixels. 

Then you can use effects like the Pattern Effect

Hopefully the Pixel Grid tools will allow you to achieve what you want. If you still need to manipulate individual pixels let me know and I will try and find another way for you to access these pixels individually.

Craig.
(30-09-2016, 08:30 PM)Craig Wrote: If you are using a lot of pixels we suggest you use the 2D Pixel grid and the tools it provides rather than manipulate pixels individually on the timeline. It becomes very difficult to manipulate a large number of pixels individually, which is why the display is capped at 256 segments.

First Create a 2D Group

Your pixels don't physically need to be in a 'grid formation' to use the 2D Grid. You can create a 'grid' of 1x450 to control all 450 pixels. 

Then you can use effects like the Pattern Effect

Hopefully the Pixel Grid tools will allow you to achieve what you want. If you still need to manipulate individual pixels let me know and I will try and find another way for you to access these pixels individually.

Craig.

Thanks Craig i try this tonight !
Hi Craig,

I tried 2d group with pattern creator, that's an amazing tool.

But i can use 100 pixels max for each pattern ?

I see that it's possible grouping pixels to control them 5 by 5 to reduce all the process ?

I'm wrong somewhere ?
Yes the pattern editor allows up to 100 pixels.
The idea is that you create small patterns and then the pattern moves along the pixels or fills the entire length of the pixels.

Why do you need a pattern of more than 100 pixels ? What are you trying to do ?
If you are trying to chase down the length of the pixels try the 'Cycle' or '2D Animation' effect, as these can be used to produce a chase.

With regards grouping pixels, on the SD card controller and Ethernet controller you can combine pixels into groups of any number. So yes you could work in groups of 5 if you wish to bring down the channel count.

Craig.
(02-10-2016, 04:33 PM)Craig Wrote: Yes the pattern editor allows up to 100 pixels.
The idea is that you create small patterns and then the pattern moves along the pixels or fills the entire length of the pixels.

Why do you need a pattern of more than 100 pixels ? What are you trying to do ?
If you are trying to chase down the length of the pixels try the 'Cycle' or '2D Animation' effect, as these can be used to produce a chase.

With regards grouping pixels, on the SD card controller and Ethernet controller you can combine pixels into groups of any number. So yes you could work in groups of 5 if you wish to bring down the channel count.

Craig.

Thanks Craig for your answer

Ok

100 Patterns it's very suffisant for what i do!! I just want using all the lengh of my strip .

Big Grin
Just found another setting relating to your original question. You can actually increase the number of rows displayed by changing the value in the File/Settings menu.