Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lip sync
Hi
Further to Craigs reply try to spell words phonetically, it looks weird in the written form but creates better mouth movement. For example if there is a long "OO" in the song type "OOOOOOOOO" then see how it looks in the visualisation and adjust as required, or for instance if I wanted the character to say my name, Phil, (unlikely!!) I would spell "Fill".
It was my intention to build some singing xmas trees this year but unfortunately time got the better of me although I have done a couple of songs in show designer ready for when I do get round to building them.
I did find creating four trees in the visualisation file and getting all the mouth sections in for each one quite fiddly but once done and saved it works fine.
As Craig said when you have the lip sync box open check the configuration tab to make sure all the mouth sections are linked to the correct section.
I am by no means any expert at any of this and worked it out mainly through trial and error, you may have seen the talking skull I did for Halloween 2015 (look under the Halloween section of this forum) I did that on an earlier version of the software pre lipsync which meat going very slowly through each word of the song and switching the appropriate lights on or off as required, I was pleased with the result but it was very time consuming and would have been much easier had  lip sync been available then.
Hope that is of some help, if a bit long winded.
Phil

Messages In This Thread
Lip sync - by Arlette - 29-11-2017, 12:54 AM
RE: Lip sync - by Craig - 30-11-2017, 09:57 AM
RE: Lip sync - by magical46 - 30-11-2017, 06:29 PM
RE: Lip sync - by Arlette - 01-12-2017, 12:44 AM